Monday, December 9, 2013

Exploding Head

Monteverde, Costa Rica (cerca de Santa Elena)

We are in Monteverde and have met our host family. There are two girls. One is 6 and the other is almost 10. Alanis and Lisbeth.

Today we had our first day of Spanish class. It was for the whole morning. I felt like my head was going to explode. I learned how to tell people about myself.

I have started a leaf collection. One of my favorite things about Costa Rica are the plants. There are some leaves that could fit 7 of my heads. Tomorrow is our second day of Spanish class. (9 more to go!)

Monteverde is the perfect temperature, not too hot, not too cold. The view is amazing, mostly forest. We haven't been in the forest yet, but I have seen some of the plants. Some of the trees look hairy with bromeliads. We are at 5,000 feet above sea level (higher than White Pass), but we can see the Gulf of Nicoya (in Pacific Ocean).

3 comments: